This course is for you if you are in management role or like to become a coach/mentor. If you like to learn how to help people individually or team solve problems and develop professionally.
Instructor Led Training Course
After taking this 1 day course, you should be able to:
- Coach & mentor with confidence and purpose
- understand and apply basic counselling techniques to help people overcome emotion-based problems affecting their work
- understand the role of mentor and the skills and knowledge needed.
Introducing the three skills
- Defining coaching, counselling and mentoring
- Applying each skill
- How do people learn?
- The GROW model
- Case study: The Helping Hand
- Effective questioning
- Active listening
- Motivation and barriers to change
- Four approaches for feedback
- Giving positive and critical feedback
- Dealing with challenging situations
- Their problem, their solution?
- Information vs advice
- Increasing empathy
- What mentors do
- Mentoring gains and rules
Mode of Training: Skype Video Live Call
Hours: 6 hrs (10am – 5pm)
Course Dates: Please indicate which day you prefer in remarks during your purchase.